9.9.10

Searching and Blogging

I haven't been sharing my writing for too long, but just in this short period I have come to realize that it is a great outlet. It also helps me to keep thinking. I am a stay at home mom who raises four very different intelligent children and I home school two of them. I donate plasma on the occasion to get my fix on buying things with no guilt.

Throughout my blogging experience I have been venturing out and looking at different blogs. ALL kinds of blogs. The funny, offensive, safe, boring, creative, food, dumb, exciting, the blogs that I would love to write but can't, weird, true, liberating, social and bashing blogs that bash on a either a person, subject, object or religion.

I read these blogs hoping that some of their talent will rub off on me. Some I don't care for and some I think, Geeze they should be writing for The New Yorker!  While searching for a funny picture to send to my friend of a animal dressed up. (I know weird) I came across a funny one with a dog in a thong laying on the couch with sunglasses. I saved it and sent it to her, well when I went to close the picture I noticed that the picture came from a blog. I started looking at her blog and realized that she had a lot of posts bashing the LDS religion. I thought Hey, what do ya know, I am LDS!! The weird thing about this is that one of my favorite bloggers also has ill feelings toward the LDS religion. So, I started to read it.

Now, now don't be worried about my faith being shaken. I have read and watched every Anti-Mormon piece of literature that there is out there. I am not easily persuaded. Just a little fact about me, it took me five sets of missionaries and four years to join the church and I went both ways, anti and active.

After reading some of her posts on the issue I realized that the main reason why she hates the LDS church is because of their stand on gays. Even though I am a different faith then my mom and dad and we believe in different beliefs there is one thing that they taught me at a very young age that I will always live by. Love everyone.

So anyways, this girl was actually a pretty good writer and somewhat funny. I was looking at her side column at all the things she liked and all the websites she liked and I came across one that was...you could say, eye catching. It was called, LDS Skinny Dipper Connection. Okay I am sorry but I looked. Basically this website is for "faithful" LDS people who like social nudity under appropriate circumstances. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Okay?

So you would think my first response would be, This is wrong and sick! Whelp no, it was, I wonder who had the guts to have an idea like this and then put it on the internet? Since it is an "appropriate" LDS nude site there were no nude pictures or anything crude for that matter in fact there were a ton of scriptures on how it is okay to be nude cause Adam and Eve were. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Okay?

There are actually testimonials on 40 something year old men "coming out of the closet" and confessing their love to be nude in public. When I read 40 years old I thought, ewww. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am almost positive that President Monson does not condone this website. I don't know though, that's just my opinion.

There is never a dull moment in the day of blogging.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

LDS Skinny Dipper Connection? I love that site. I'm a regular.