30.11.09

wow, this is long!

So it is 1:07 in the morning and I have been asking myself, Do I really like my blog?  Hmm... Not really. To be honest most of the clothes that I am posting I would never wear. I do not wear high heals all day, I do not wear dressy clothes unless there is a wedding or some event that I would be frowend upon for wearing street clothes. Even then, only my shirt is a little dressy and if I am lucky I can sport some heels. Don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for high heels. I am LDS so I am constantly looking for modest clothing to wear to church. Which is incredibly hard, please mini skirts go away! Not only because I can't wear them but because a lot of people wearing them should not be wearing them.  So when I do find that G covering outfit the only thing that saves me from looking absolutely boring is my high heels. I know I am not at church to put on a fashion show, but really, I like to feel like my personality is still in there somewhere. So these are my thoughts for my blog. Keep in mind that I have never got into blogging before this, I do not scrapbook, I am somewhat crafty but if it looks homemade then I think it's just tacky. I suck at grammer and am probably using more then half of these punctuations wrong, but, Oh -well if you don't like my posts then you can just look at the clothes. So here goes... I am only going to be posting clothing and styles that I would wear. If you don't like Volcom, Anthropologie, Daytrip, RVCA or Urban Outfitters then this blog is NOT for you. The thing that gets me most upset about people is when they are not being themselves. The things that I have been posting are cute and pretty and I am not a cute and pretty kind of girl. That was the blogger pit I fell into when I started this blog. I was reading all these "Mormon blogs" (which are fine) but that got me into thinking that there was only one kind of blog, sweet and socially acceptable. After hearing some shout outs about these other "non-Mormon" blogs (which again I am not dissing) I started to see more of what I like. Some are too much for me but they caught my attention and kept ME interested. My own blog wasn't even doing that. It was lacking something, a big part of what  a blog is about. It definitely was lacking my personality and my style. Now if we are going to be honest here, If I could pick a time era to travel back and live in it would  be the 50's. I would wear an apron with a dress and heels and have dinner on the table for my family at 5pm everyday. I would never let my husband or anyone for that matter see me without being completely done up. This person that I would love to live like is almost the opposite of how I am now. Like I said, I don't dress up, I, on a occasions wear higheels. I do love my husband and family but sometimes we don't all eat together at 5, sometimes ha we actually never eat before 6. My husband has seen me at my worst with throw up coming out my nose and into my hair with no shower for a good week. He still loves me, thank goodness. I was raised with one brother who had a lot to do with the person I shaped out to be. I don't know if he even knows this. I love you bro hymn. Anyways, because of my big brother I learned a lot of things that girls miss out on when they are either born older then their brother or they are just not that close to their brother. I was very close to my brother and therefore learned how to skateboard, play the drums on metal trashcan lids, make lengthy songs out of cuss words, fight, know how to take a punch to the face,  keep in mind we were children of a very dysfunctional home. But one thing that my brother had a huge part in, was the way I dressed. I didn't dress like a ho when I was younger. I liked to dress in skate clothes or comfy clothes. I wasn't into the tube tops, short shorts, short skirts. I feel like I am fairly comfortable in my skin and how I am as a person. So to make a long story short, I am going to only post things that I would wear. Wow, I did not mean for that to be that long.

5 comments:

Laura said...

It is really hard to find modest clothes, I totally agree with your post. Anyways I loved your post ;)
Miss you Aricka!! Lau

Matthew said...

Do you know what else you need? You need to be a little bit more negative. I mean. look at my blog. I appear to be the biggest jerk on the planet and i have like 3 followers. 2 of which i'm related to. It adds a flavor that is quite nice. It's raw. on edge. whatever you want to call it. I'm just saying that you should be a realist. THis is what i'd do if i had your blog. I'd show pictures of people wearing clothes i thought were ugly, then write huge paragraphs about how ugly they look and why. think about it. :)

Aricka said...

haha I have actually thought about that. I don't know if I want to go into that darkness around kids. I was going to just bag on every celebrity with a stupid look but I would rather find some cool stuff for me in the process. You're not that big of a jerk Matt. I read your blog.

Jared Dannenberger said...

I knew that Aricka! It's been years since I've seen you fall off a skateboard! lol... I have no idea why I was reading a fashion blog...just wonderin' what you've been up tp and how you were doin'. From looking at your pictures you have a beautiful family. Glad to see you're doing well.... take care!

Aricka said...

Well I am still falling off the skateboards, it's actually now a long-board. I crashed in front of my sons little friends about a year ago. It was awesome they all looked like deer in headlights stopped in mid sentence. It was great I wish I would have taken a picture. Not the first and definitely not the last!